[equinox-dev] [prov] Auto installing touchpoint

Hey gang,

The more I get into p2 the more I'm impressed by it. I have written my own touchpoint that installs tarballs and have been able to generate the right repositories to download and install them from the MinGW website. Very cool and easy once you know how.

The next part of this is to figure out how to get the plug-in with my touchpoint into people's hands. The ultimate would be for this to be represented in the metadata somehow where I could mark this as a capability my plug-in provides that the engine could auto install before installing the artifacts that need it. Is this capability there, or something nifty we could add next release.

Cheers,
Doug

Back to the top