[equinox-dev] Customize versioning scheme

Hi all,

We're using Eclipse RCP as the platform for our UI. We're almost done with dev and are beginning to look at the packaging/deployment phases.

OSGi specifies the org.osgi.framework.Version class to manage versioning by default with x.y.z.qualifier scheme. Our scheme is not very far from it, but not the same, it's something like a.b.c.d.e.qualifier (two numbers more).

So my question is simple: is this possible to inject a custom versioning scheme (for example, we could inherit/extend the current Version class to manage our case) ?

Does Eclipse/Equinox permit this? According to this page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Plan, it seems like something was being considered for the 3.4M3. However, it's not very clear to me if something was actually done.

If so, would you have some pointer about that? If not, I'm interested in every comment related to it you might think of about this question.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers.

--
Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS