Re: [equinox-dev] Service or Export-Package

On 01/04/2008, John Wells <jwells@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd also like to add that with a service model in general you can also use IoC mechanism such as Spring-DM, OSGi DeclarativeServices, iPojo and others.  IoC is a very sweet programming model that can isolate you from the fact that services are even being used (and isolate you from the OSGi API itself)!

(To me, IoC is the KILLER reason to use services)!

totally agree, dependency injection + services is really neat!

I'd like to add Guice to the above list of IoC frameworks that can
inject OSGi services. See http://code.google.com/p/peaberry for
more info - hope to get an alpha release out sometime this week.

John Wells (Aziz)

jwells@bea.comNOSPAM

Back to the top