Re: [equinox-dev] p2 update

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Pascal Rapicault
<Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is technically possible but we don't have a UI to add such locations and
>  will not get to it for 3.4.
>  That, said, since one of the goal p2 is to get people out of the file
>  system, therefore I would highly suggest to d&d the plugins directly on the
>  p2 UI.

Given that Mac apps normally put extensions in these locations, it's
fairly standard places to look. Can they not be coded in by default,
even if the UI isn't there?

I thought that the point of P2 was to have less explicit dependencies
on hard-coded names like 'plugins' and 'features'. If you've got to
have another directory called 'dropins' then it's basically just
exchanged one problem for another.

Alex

Back to the top