Subject: AW: AW: [equinox-dev] Classloading problems running Equinox weavedAspectJ
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:18:12 +0100
From: Heiko.Seeberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Kiev,

Thank you for the information provided.

As far as I understand you are weaving some aspects into Equinox (into the FrameworkLogEntry), right?

This will create dependencies from Equinox to your classes and possibly to AspectJ (for example when using around advices). These dependencies cannot be resolved, because in OSGi only dependencies declared in the bundle manifest are visible.

Maybe you could put your classes and the AspectJ runtime library into a framework extension fragment (look for details in the Eclipse Wiki).

Any comments on this?

Another solution could be to use Equinox Aspects and load-time weaving.

Heiko