[equinox-dev] equinox standalone problem

Hi,

I have a problem running equinox standalone. Basically, what I am
trying to do is to run equinox without a console. The set-up is as
follows:

equinox/
  configuration/
     config.ini
  plugins/
     <equinox jars>

> ../configuration/config.ini
osgi.bundles=<a set of bundles that use their own none daemon threads>
eclipse.ignoreApp=true
osgi.noShutdown=true

> java -jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080303.jar -noExit

The above set-up does shutdown unexpectedly after a couple of seconds
(~ 30) on the first startup and immediately on subsequent ones.

I tried with all sorts of versions of equinox (including 3.3.2 3.4.M4
nightly, integration) and any combination of -Dosgi.noShutdown=true
config.ini/osgi.noShutdown=true and -noExit but to no avail. If I use
-console everything works fine.

Help would be much appreciated.

regards,

Karl