Re: [equinox-dev] Cannot bind services to multiply DS factory components

> Hello.
>
> I have such component descriptions:
>
> <component name="TestService" factory="TestServiceFactory">
>   <implementation class="testservice.TestServiceImpl"/>
>   <service>
>     <provide interface="testservice.TestService"/>
>   </service>
> </component>
>
> <component name="TestServiceNew" factory="TestServiceNewFactory">
>   <implementation class="testservicenew.TestServiceNewImpl"/>
>   <service>
>     <provide interface="testservicenew.TestServiceNew"/>
>   </service>
>   <reference name="TESTSERVICE"
>     interface="testservice.TestService"
>     cardinality="0..n"
>     policy="dynamic"
>     bind="addTestService"
>     unbind="removeTestService"/>
> </component>
>
> At first I instantiate let's say five TestService components with
> it's factory.

So at this point there should be 5 TestService services registered with
the framework.

> Then I try to instantiate two TestServiceNew
> components with it's factory. Everything seems OK except of one
> thing: all five TestService are bound to first TestServiceNew, but
> none of them is bound to second TestServiceNew! In log I have this
warning:

Yes this seems wrong. Each TestServiceNew component instance should have
all five TestServices bound to it.

> WARNING 21 ComponentReference.bind(): service reference already
> bound: {testservicenew.TestServiceNew}=
> {component.name=TestServiceNew, component.id=10, id=0, service.id=37}
>
> I thinks this is happens because of DS thinks that all factory
> components share same reference pool or something, so there is no
> need to bind TestService to second instance of TestServiceNew,
> because they are already bound to first instance. Is this true? If
> it is, is there a way to override this behaviour or someway to
> implement such behaviour that I need?

I think this is a bug in the DS impl. Please open a bug against
Equinox->Bundles with this information and a test case to help reproduce
the problem.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx