Re: [equinox-dev] OSGi interaction with external Java Programs.

 Thanks Hal, but I am wondering about to what extent the OSGi framework itself can provide this ability.  Also I have been reading the OSGi spec, and found something about Foreign Application Access Spec. So am a bit confused now as to how the communication will have to actually happen. What are the requirements for such a setup from the OSGi framework front.?

//  Just write a
bundle that exports its wrapped bundle context (to conform to whatever
protocol requirements there are). ..//

Here are you talking about a "proxy bundle"..?

Are there any existing implementations or standards for the same. I`m basically looking at a client-Daemon kind of interaction between a console Java Application and an active Bundle in the framework.?

Thanks in Advance for all your help.

Cheers,
Srijith.

>>> Hal Hildebrand <hal.hildebrand@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/19/08 8:22 PM >>>
Well, you can simply use RMI, SOAP, XML-RPC or JMX.  Just write a