Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] use of Foundation 1.1

MicroXML from eRCP is available. Not sure we want that dependency, but you can consider it.

                Mark

Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

02/19/2008 09:01 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] use of Foundation 1.1

The org.eclipse.equinox.registry also has J2SE 1.4 listed before Foundation 1.1. If I remember correctly, this is because we do not have a bundle at pde-build time that provides the XML api to bundles with BREE < J2SE 1.4. I think if you simply reorder the BREEs we will get a build failure for bundles needing XML stuff to compile. We would need an XML bundle to be available at build time also.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Jeff McAffer" ---02/19/2008 07:57:02 AM---There are several projects in p2 currently that list J2SE "Jeff McAffer" ---02/19/2008 07:57:02 AM---There are several projects in p2 currently that list J2SE 1.4 and Foundation 1.1 in the BREE for the bundle. This is good but t

"Jeff McAffer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>

02/19/2008 07:57 AM

[equinox-dev] [prov] use of Foundation 1.1

There are several projects in p2 currently that list J2SE 1.4 and Foundation 1.1 in the BREE for the bundle. This is good but they list them in that order. The net result is that J2SE 1.4 is used to compile the code. What happens in some cases people don’t have 1.4 so PDE uses the next best thing which ends up being 1.5 or 1.6. In the end we get references to things we ought not. In particular, I just had a setup in which there were no XML api in my workspace or target yet everything was compiling ok. Took quite some time to figure out how this could be so.

If everyone agrees, I will go through the projects and update them accordingly.

Jeff