Re: [equinox-dev] Reference remote bundles when writing a new plugin.

Thanks Alex.

Perhaps this is also a possible feature for the PDE team.

On 11/02/2008, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 10, 2008 8:01 PM, Mark <javamark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have created a couple of plugins that use maven2 in order to publish the
> jar files in the repository.
>
> I would like to be able to reference these budles in a similar manner as one
> would reference remote jars.
>
> However so far I have not found a good way to reference remote bundles (file
> path/url) when writing a new plugin using eclipse 3.3+
>
> I can add them to the classpath / however the access restrictions are not
> enforced.

I'm pretty sure you could do something like:

eclipse -console

and then do

install http://path/to/repo/foo-1.2.3.jar

You'd then have the bundle installed (remotely) into your workspace,
and it would be treated as normal (modulo bugs) by PDE.

Alex