Re: [equinox-dev] [launcher] Showsplash

In the case of the splash screen, it is a simple line in the eclipse.ini file which indicates the splash bitmap to use.
The difference between an english and a german splash screen could be as simple as
-showsplash
org.foo.branding/en/splash.bmp

-showsplash
org.foo.branding/de/splash.bmp

I expect that since the launcher fragments can contribute --launcher.library lines to the .ini file, it should be possible for branding IUs to contribute -showsplash.  Though I'm not sure if a single IU can contribute different arguments depending on a platform/nl filter, it might require branding fragments?

-Andrew

Stefan Liebig <Stefan.Liebig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/07/2008 09:44 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] [launcher]  Showsplash

I am using a freeware tool (http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/) to
modify our win32 NL for smartup so that is possible to change (branding)
the splash screen and string resources without the need of recompiling
our NL.
However, this is not done at install time, although it might be
possible, because this tool can run in command line mode.
Just another thought.