Re: [equinox-dev] Support for launching with just (Conditional) Permission Admin?

Equinox does not have a way to run with ConditionalPermissionAdmin but without PermissionAdmin. But you can get equivalent behavior by setting the default permissions in PermissionAdmin to an empty array (i.e. permAdmin.setDefaultPermissions(new PermissionInfo[0])). If you don't do this then the "default default" permissions for permission admin is AllPermissions.

This will allow you to control all the permissions with ConditionalPermissionAdmin and the permission checks will not fall back to the default permissions in PermissionAdmin.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Marcel Offermans ---02/07/2008 06:20:22 AM---The OSGi security model started out with the Permission Marcel Offermans ---02/07/2008 06:20:22 AM---The OSGi security model started out with the Permission Admin service.

Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@xxxxxxxxxx>

02/07/2008 06:20 AM

[equinox-dev] Support for launching with just (Conditional) Permission Admin?

The OSGi security model started out with the Permission Admin service.
Lateron, the Conditional Permission Admin was added. Frameworks are
allowed to publish:
 - none of these services (the default, no security is active);
 - just Permission Admin (the "older" model);
 - just Conditional Permission Admin (encouraged, the "new way" to do
it);
 - both Permission Admin and Conditional Permission Admin (most
compatible option, with some special restrictions).

My question: I can run both without and with both services published,
but does equinox also allow me to run with just PermissionAdmin or
ConditionalPermissionAdmin? If so, how?