Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] support for separated source bundles released

I have updated the wiki with discussion topics for tomorrow:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Meeting_20080204

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |02/03/2008 08:54 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] support for separated source bundles released                                                                            |

Thanks for the detail.  I think we need to explore a little more the
writing, reading and use of this file.  I agree completely that the
information is needed and that it should be kept separate from the
runtime information. Perhaps this is a topic for the p2 call tomorrow?

Re: naming.  yes, just "bundles" would be unfortunate.  Something like
bundles.config gives us the flexibility both in form and content.  As
for API-ness I agree but if later we want to make it a binary file (for
example) we'll have one of two regrettable situations: a binary file
called .txt or another file called something other than bundles.txt.
The more we can do now to reduce/eliminate the surfacing of our
assumptions in things like filenames, the more flexibility we will have
tomorrow.

Add artifacts.xml and content.xml to the list of names to reconsider.
The .xml adds no value.  Something like .index or .si (simple index)
would give us the flexibility.

Jeff