Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] support for separated source bundles released

The file is written by the eclipse touchpoint as a result of a particular
command. In the future I could see it being edited by another command /
party should we decide to list in here the source for other things than
bundles.
The file is read by update.core (for compatibility) and by pde. Initially I
wanted to store it in a folder org.eclipse.pde (under the config area), but
since it was also used by update I found it a new home.
I did not want to store it in org.eclipse.equinox,simpleconfigurator
because this file is not managed by the simpleconfigurator and it is not a
runtime artifact. Source.bundle happens to have the same format than the
bundles.txt because it carries similar information and I did not want to
invent yet another file format. That said this is an implementation detail
and could well change before we ship depending on the people consuming it
needs

As for changing the name of bundles.txt to just bundles, I'm not a big fan
of droping the extension because then it makes it hard to talk about the
file (e.g Do you have all your bundles in the bundles file), however I
don't care about changing it to something else (e.g. list) if someone
provides a patch. We also have to remember that this file is not API and is
completely managed by p2.

PaScaL