Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] support for separated source bundles released

Thanks Pascal.

As for location, where does it go now? Who writes it? Who reads it? I'm not suggesting it should be beside bundles.txt but am curious to know why it should not be there? Colocation seems logical on the surface (and depending on the answer to the questions above).

As for naming, bundles.txt should just be "bundles" The fact that it currently happens to be a text file is implementation detail that may change over time. Correspondingly, the source.bundles.txt should likely just be source.bundles

Jeff

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
PDE is "la raison d'etre" of this support. When we decided to no longer add
the source bundles to the bundles.txt (a week or so ago), PDE could not
find the source bundles any more since the content of its target is solely
derived from the bundles.txt. Therefore PDE needed an extra place to get
the information from and this is what this file provides.
It is only after consultation with Darin and Curtis that we decided to
proceed down this path.

The other consumer of this information is update manager, since in a
co-existence mode where source bundles do not get installed in the fwk,
Update shows errors in the configuration dialog.

Note that I'm open to put the file somewhere else and give it another name,
except merging it with bundles.txt or putting it next to it.

PaScaL

does this affect PDE at all when targetting something installed using
p2?  That is, do you still get the source in the IDE ?

Jeff

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Earlier today I have released support to ensure that the source bundles
would not get added to the bundles.txt (and therefore not installed in
the
runtime).
This support also manages a new file containing all the source bundles
for
the a given installation. This file is located
<install>/configuration/org.eclipse.source.bundles/source.bundles.txt and
will be used by PDE and some update manager in co-existence mode.

PaScaL