Re: [equinox-dev] OBR

This is not really true. The OSGi filter and the OBR filter are not required to be the same. RFC 112 specifically allows the > and < (as well as some other operators).

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens

On 20 jan 2008, at 15:51, BJ Hargrave wrote:

This may be a problem in the tool (from OSGi) which generates the xml. OSGi recently decide to add < and > to the set of filter operators. But this is not in the 4.1 spec. It will be in a future spec. So the tool which generates the xml should not use the new operators.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx
Office: +1 386 848 1781 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

 ----- Original Message -----
  From: ChangWoo Jung [jungcw@xxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 01/20/2008 07:43 AM
  To: Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Cc: Peter Kriens <Peter.Kriens@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] OBR

I guess I found little bug in the generated OBR repo (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/europa/repository.zip)
The generated filter seems to be incorrect which throws exception in the runtime.

For example, Jetty Http Service (org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty), has dependency on "javax.servlet" which is shown as
Import-Package: javax.servlet;version="[2.4.0,2.5.0)" in the manifest.

It turns out be generated like below, (which seems to be incorrect), so it throws "InvalidSyntaxException" when equinox tries to create the filter upon that.

    <require extend='false' filter='(&amp;(package=javax.servlet)(version&gt;=2.4.0)(version&lt;2.5.0))' multiple='false' name='package' optional='false'>
      Import package javax.servlet ;version=2.4.0
    </require>

I guess there is minor bug on creating filter and after applying my private fix it seems to be working.
wrong:   filter='(&amp;(package=javax.servlet)(version&gt;=2.4.0)(version&lt;2.5.0))'
correct: filter='(&amp;(package=javax.servlet)(&amp;(version&gt;=2.4.0)(&amp;(version!=2.5.0)(version&lt;=2.5.0))))'

Which component will be the right place to report a bug against that i can attach my fix there as well? Any pointers?
Thanks.

Sincerely,
ChangWoo Jung