[equinox-dev] [prov] Heads up on repository changes, test build

Just a heads up: some changes were released this week that change the metadata and artifact repository formats (compressing xml files). The change is backwards compatible - new builds will be able to read old uncompressed repositories. However, this change is not forwards-compatible for old clients.  Older builds of p2 will not be able to read repositories in the new format. When interacting with repositories produced from now on, you need to be using the latest and greatest p2.

To facilitate testing of this, and because we haven't had a working p2 build since M4, we're going to spin a test build from the latest p2 code in HEAD. Details to follow when the build is available.

The map file has been updated for the following Bug changes:
+ Bug 212058. [prov] Lazily populate install registry (FIXED)
+ Bug 212295. [prov] [ui] available updates still showing multiple versions of same IU (FIXED)
+ Bug 214704. [prov] Consistency of repository index compression (FIXED)
+ Bug 214777. [prov] Provisioned SDK will not start

The following projects have changed:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.admin
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository

Back to the top