Re: [equinox-dev] Copyright comments

Should we be setting up project-specific settings for these templates for the p2 projects?
As best I can tell, we are all relying on workspace defaults to get this right.

susan
Inactive hide details for David R Stevenson/Redmond/IBM@IBMUSDavid R Stevenson/Redmond/IBM@IBMUS

          David R Stevenson/Redmond/IBM@IBMUS

          01/04/2008 12:41 PM
          Please respond to Equinox development mailing list

cc:
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Copyright comments

Thanks for the reminder, John.

When I went to change the year I discovered a recently added option that will make it less likely to miss the comments. Somewhere between 3.4M1 and 3.4M3 the checkbox shown below was added to the Code Templates preferences:

When that is turned on, then the Generate Comments check box in the New Mumble dialog defaults to check'd so you have to uncheck it to lose the copyright.

- Dave
__________________________________

Dave Stevenson
dstevens@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 503-578-3578; T/L 775-3578

[equinox-dev] Copyright comments

John Arthorne to: equinox-dev
01/04/2008 12:17 PM

I have noticed a few Java classes added lately with no copyright comments. This is just a friendly reminder to ensure you add copyright comments in new Java files. A common culprit is that you might not have the "generate comments" checkbox selected in the New Java Class wizard. Also, since we've just rolled over into a new year, make sure your "New Java files" template has the ${year} variable to ensure the correct year is inserted:

/*******************************************************************************

*
Copyright (c) ${year} <your name or company> and others.
*
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
*
are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
*
which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
*
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
*

*
Contributors:
*
<your name or company> - initial API and implementation