[equinox-dev] [prov] Comments on wiki "Equinox p2 Shared Install Plan"

bundles.txt stored in user home.
YES. I would change that to stored in users workspace or preferable user's configuration space.

If bundles.txt is missing from the user's workspace then it needs to be populated with the shared bundles.txt.

If you want to populate the user's bundle.txt with sdk in shared install then in can be driven as a root IU or profile. However this is a policy decision and should not be hard-wired as always happening. The act of provisioning the bundles also allows for the unfolding/customizing of additional artifacts related to specific bundles. An example of additional work would be creating user ICONs, setting environmental variables.

What we are really talking about is running only a configuration phase to get the user's bundle.txt up to the latest. The phases collect, and install are not wanted.

Materialize profile from running bundles.txt
I am suggesting it is better to materialize bundles.txt from the profile.