Re: [equinox-dev] naming examples

I agree with John. Use org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*

Tom

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne ---11/21/2007 07:51:51 AM---My vote would be for sticking with the Eclipse project namiJohn Arthorne ---11/21/2007 07:51:51 AM---My vote would be for sticking with the Eclipse project naming conventions [1] and using org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*. This co

John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>

11/21/2007 07:51 AM

Re: [equinox-dev] naming examples

My vote would be for sticking with the Eclipse project naming conventions [1] and using org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*. This convention is consistently following in platform and JDT, and it would look odd if someone downloaded the examples from the welcome page and the Equinox examples didn't match.

[1] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/Naming_Conventions

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

11/20/2007 09:26 PM

Please respond to
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] naming examples

We have talked a few times about the need for a comprehensive set of examples in Equinox. We may be able to get some folks to work on this so it is interesting to look at the bundle/package namespace to use. The immediate choice that springs to mind is
org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*
This follows the precedence of
org.eclipse.sdk.examples
org.eclipse.jface.examples

It has also been suggested that we use
org.eclipse.equionox.eg.*
to shorten things up.

Let me know if you have other suggestions and I'll put together an email poll.

Thanks
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx