Re: [equinox-dev] [p2] Refactoring of helper classes

Ok, I'll be releasing this refactoring this evening. If you release your changes before about 8pm EST I will take care of the merge. If you have conflicting changes after I have released, feel free to contact me for help with merging.

john

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

11/05/2007 05:57 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] [p2] Refactoring of helper classes

I'm starting the process of cleaning up the p2 API. I'd like to get the most cross-cutting changes out of the way at the beginning of the milestone before everyone starts on major conflicting changes in M4.  Please let me know if you are planning on releasing major changes in the next day or two so I can coordinate these changes with you. This essentially involves removal of org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.helpers as an API package, and dispersing its classes into either API or non-API packages as appropriate. If all goes well I'll release these changes Tuesday or Wednesday evening (I'll send out a note with more specific details before and after). For most clients the net effect will just be an "organize imports" to fix up the moved references.

John