Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] M3 Testing status on Linux

9. Manual updates

â From the Admin UI
â - Create a profile
â - Install the SDK 3.4 M2 (or any version for which you will have an update in
âthe repository)
â - Install the User UI
â Start the provisioned SDK
â - need to add a step in here for adding the testUpdates repository or
    information on how to use a local repo
â - Go to the end user UI (Help>Software Updates (Incubation)
â - need to add a step in here for selecting the sdk (or whatever we
    want to update)
â - On the installed features page, push the "Check for Updates" button
â - I get the same version I installed as an option (20071031).  I
    assume this is because the randomly-generated qualifiers don't match?
â - You should get a dialog showing the newer version
â - Accept the update, restart
â - Verify that the end user UI now shows the new version in the installed
    features list
  -- can't restart due to many errors like this:

  org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle
  "initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_0.1.0.200710301724.jar/"
  by thread "main".

  - maybe I just happened to pick two bad versions?