Re: [equinox-dev] [sec] questions about EE for security

Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:
On 10/31/07, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I understand this, as the JAAS
work depends upon packages like javax.security.auth, and
javax.security.auth.login, etc.  which do not seem to be in CDC
1.1/Foundation 1.1.

Those packages are marked as "optional". I don't know how that all
works out but I presume it means that, yes, they could theoretically
not be available in that runtime environment.

Right, so bundles that require those packages to compile or run would have to specify EE of JRE 1.4 (or higher)...in other words they can't specifiy 1.1 and be assured of getting those optional packages.  Please correct if this is wrong in any way.

Scott

Back to the top