[equinox-dev] [prov] setting up the EEs

We need to ensure that the entire team is using the correct EE settings in their bundles as well as having the correct JREs installed in their preferences.  In HEAD currently there is a red X because of a reference to String.format() which is a 1.5 method.  This is despite the bundle being marked as 1.4.  This likely means that the code was developed in a workspace that did not include a configured 1.4 JRE but did include a 1.5 (or 1.6 I suppose).   To address this, everyone should do the following

- Follow the instructions on the wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/J9) for getting and setting up a Foundation 1.1 JRE
- ensure that you set the BREE of your bundles to be foundation 1.1 AND J2SE 1.4 (in that order)
- fix any red Xs

Jeff

Back to the top