[equinox-dev] OSGi R4.2 Stream

The OSGi Alliance is busy working on the next release of the specification. The release of the next OSGi specification will be long after the Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) release. To achieve a stable Ganymede release we will not release new OSGi R4.2 API or implement new R4.2 functions in the Ganymede stream (HEAD).

We need a place where we can continue to implement and prototype the next OSGi specification release as it is being developed. I see two options.

1) Create an area in the Equinox incubator to develop the OSGi R4.2 implementation
2) Create a branch off of the current Ganymede stream (HEAD) for OSGi R4.2 implementation

I prefer using a branch instead of a separate repository project in the incubator because it will make life easier when developing streams in parallel, which we will likely need to do until the Ganymede release in June 2008. I plan to create a branch based of next weeks I-Build for the OSGi R4.2 work. Please let me know if you have any issues with this.

Tom

Back to the top