Re: [equinox-dev] Moving Service Activator Toolkit (SAT) from the Open Healthcare Framework (OHF) to Equinox

There was a bug in KF which prevented using SAT on KF. But I understand KF
has recently fixed that bug[1]. So SAT should work on any correct OSGi
framework.

http://www.mail-archive.com/osgi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00490.html
--

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

Re: [equinox-dev] Moving Service Activator Toolkit (SAT) from the Open
Healthcare Framework (OHF) to Equinox

Hi there,
is there anything special to Equinox in SAT or can the SAT bundles be used
with any OSGi compliant framework?

/peter

[equinox-dev] Moving Service Activator Toolkit (SAT) from the Open
Healthcare Framework (OHF) to Equinox

Currently the Service Activator Toolkit (SAT) in the Open Healthcare
Framework (OHF) technology project that is of great value to people
programming OSGi Applications.  SAT is a Java component that simplifies
the building of OSGi service-oriented bundles. It is approximately 8,000
lines of Java code. By decreasing the complexity of OSGi bundle
development, this toolkit provides increased acceptance of OSGi in the
device community. In addition to making the use of OSGi services easier,
it supports the creation of well behaved bundles, reducing development
time, reducing training costs, and promotes consistent bundle behavior. It
seems that this technology is somewhat misplaced and it would better serve
the community if it was part of the Equinox project.

I propose moving SAT from OHF to Equinox.  As this code is very stable,
robust and has been previously used in commercial products, I would ask
that it be reviewed for eligibility for moving in the graduated Equinox
bundles area, rather than the Equinox Incubator.

For reference SAT is in cvs at
:pserver:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/technology
org.eclipse.ohf/plugins/org.eclipse.soda.sat

There is also lots of good information (documentations, bug reporting,
downloads) at
http://eclipse-sat.blogspot.com/

Patrick

GTalk:    neubauer.peter