Re: [equinox-dev] Compilation warnings in latest nightly build

Thanks for the info and the lead-in Olivier.

As you may have noticed the new bundles contributed by Prosyst have been added to the equinox incubator build and can now be downloaded from the equinox download page. I updated the projects with the following:

- added .qualifier to the Bundle-Version
- added appropriate Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment headers and updated compiler settings to use the proper execution environment JRE to build.
- updated the settings the equinox code formatter and to format and organize imports on Java file saves
- formatted and organized imports of all the code according to the new settings
- fixed the compiler warnings from the build

Over the next few milestones we will be reviewing the code and getting it into shape for graduation out of the incubator. Any help from the community in testing and reviewing the code is appreciated. Please use the bundles from the equinox download page and open any bugs for issues you may find. Thanks.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Olivier Thomann ---09/11/2007 09:16:42 AM---Hi,Olivier Thomann ---09/11/2007 09:16:42 AM---Hi,

          Olivier Thomann <Olivier_Thomann@xxxxxxxxxx>

          09/11/2007 09:16 AM

          Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[equinox-dev] Compilation warnings in latest nightly build

Hi,

Several warnings were found in last nightly build.

Here is a list of concerned bundles:
- org.eclipse.equinox.ds
- org.eclipse.equinox.io
- org.eclipse.equinox.ip
- org.eclipse.equinox.util
- org.eclipse.equinox.wireadmin

Please review the warnings from the nightly build results. These warnings
are trivial to address. If you wonder why it is useful to provide a
serialVersionUID field, I would suggest the reading of the tutorial about
serialization.
The projects' settings can also be modified to prevent this kind of
warnings in future builds. If you don't know how to do that, let me know.

Olivier