AW: [equinox-dev] [sec] JAAS framework dependency on Eclipse

That answers my other question as well. Thanks.

I'm going to file a bug right now and will contribute code if I can come
up with something generic.

I wonder whether the OSGi specification has already hooks available to
put something like framework wide authentication.

Thanks again and regards

Arthur

Matt Flaherty wrote:

> The authentication code currently relies on extension points to
> contribute the JAAS artifacts, so I don't believe it will currently
work
> in a pure OSGi environment.
>
> Nothing is currently planned in this direction - primarily because no
> one has asked yet... Requirements (via bugzilla) and contributions are

> both welcome :)
>
> ---
> Matt Flaherty
> Security Project Lead, Lotus Notes & Eclipse Equinox
> External: http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/security/
> Internal: https://cs.opensource.ibm.com/projects/eclipsesec/
>
> equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/04/2007 09:33:34 AM:
>
>  > Hi all
>  >
>  > I'm looking for a way to leverage the authentication functionality
>  > provided by JAAS for an application running on Equinox (not
depending on
>  > the rest of Eclipse). Is it possible to leverage the Equinox
Security