Re: [equinox-dev] RCP Application doesn't shut down OSGi console

It depends how you are launching it. If you've got 'osgi.noExit=true'
then I'd expect to see that behaviour. Are you running with eclipse
-application xxxx? If so, I'd expect that when your application
returns from the run() method, it would shut down the framework. Do
you know you are returning from that call? How are you determining
that your application is shutting down; is it a case of having a
window be closed? If so, is you readAndDispatch() loop taking care of
the fact that it has been closed?

You might want to find (with the console) by using 'getprop
osgi.noExit' to find out what the value is. You could also do a 'ss'
after you think you've closed your application; that would show which
bundles were stopped (INSTALLED), and which were STOPPING. It may be
that one of your stop() calls is blocking or there's some kind of
deadlock, and since the bundles are still awaiting shutdown, the
framework can't stop either.

Alex.