Re: [equinox-dev] Profile for the running instance

The support implemented (at least, the one I found) was only available when
using the console commands. However the need for referring to the current
profile is general and needs to be part of the core of the agent, which is
what this supports provides.

PaScaL

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/27/2007 11:05 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [equinox-dev] Profile for the running instance                                                                                                |

I thought we already had this.  The current profile was called "this" I
think (or perhaps "self").  I recall adding the function when I did the
provisioning helper etc.

Jeff

 Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
 Sent by:
 equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                        To
                                               Equinox development mailing
                                               list
 08/27/2007 09:16 PM                           <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

          Please respond to                                        Subject
  Equinox development mailing list             [equinox-dev] Profile for
      <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                the running instance

Hello,

I just released code allowing access to the profile of the running system,
aka self.
To get it, simply query the profile registry with the special token SELF
available from the IProfileRegistry interface.
The value for self is derived from the value of the system property
eclipse.prov.profile. If this system property is not set then agent starts
"SELF" is unknown.

PaScaL