Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Ruminations on IDirector vs. ProvisioningHelper-like entity

I am still working to get up to speed. I am still a little confused by the operations and phases so I may not be totally in sync on terms here.

One of the options should be:

We should be able to fetch and install (not configure) the new requirements in the background. The user does not necessarily need to know or care except as a general policy decision. If we have a broken download connection on a mobile device, we just restart on the artifact that did not finish. This scenario might not work for large downloads on a storage constrained device but even then should work for minor updates.

Once every requirement is met (installed) the user can be prompted for when to configure. The configure phase should not take long at this point. It seems to me that this is also an argument for treating configure and install as separate operations and not treating everything as a phase of install.

Inactive hide details for "Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>"Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>

          08/15/2007 08:51 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Ruminations on IDirector vs. ProvisioningHelper-like entity

More below...