Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Shared install filesystem layout

On 13/08/07, Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >where such things
>    What does such refer to, plugins or preferences?

Any/all of the above. One suspects that a subdivision of the
~/Library/Application Support/Eclipse/ directory could be performed;
for example .../Eclipse/Bundles/.

There's also a ~/Library/Preferences directory specifically for
preferences, but normally there's one file per application, and I'm
not sure that Eclipse's preferences are suitably well structured to
put into ~/Library/Preferences/ directory.

Alex.

> I should also throw into the mix ... on Macs, there's
> /Library/Application Support/Eclipse and ~/Library/Application
> Support/Eclipse as standard places where such things could go and be
> considered to be on the search path for bundles (I think I suggested
> the idea of a BUNDLEPATH somewhere in one of my bug reports). So
> whilst having a logical separation of ideas is good, let's think about
> how they might work for other OSes as well :-)

Back to the top