[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] JAAS integration (security)
- From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:30:34 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcfFSZwsR25DPsa7TeS8HCu++Y+zQQ==
- Thread-topic: Re: [equinox-dev] JAAS integration (security)
The DSDP Target Management Project is also interested in
picking up security enhancements from Equinox. I entered
for trackign this on our own behalf, could you please
keep us in the loop.
I edited the Requirements Wiki as follows:
* Support a password management (or perhaps service management)
UI for storing passwords to CVS, etc.
** DSDP-TM Usecase: 196445 - should be a (potentially backward
compatible) replacement of the current Eclipse Keyring, but with
*** Better or pluggable encryption
*** UI for entering the master password instead of having it on
*** Access to the opened password database only for trusted modules
Wind River Systems, Inc.
Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member
> Here's the IpZilla link:
> I believe the code will end up in a security specific incubator
> where we will be hardening it and working on community requirements
> and feedback. The code should work on CDC/Foundation, the core
> and JAAS APIs are a part of that runtime. These plug-ins are an
> optional add-on at this point, but that may change eventually as we
> try out tighter integration.
> For now, toss requirements into the wiki: