Re: [equinox-dev] Re: [provisioning-dev] equinox.prov path is too long

Actually I ran into the same issues using the command prompt. I was finally able to remove by sharing part of the path and mounting. Then I could remove.

Inactive hide details for Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx>Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx>

          06/29/2007 09:56 AM

          Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[equinox-dev] Re: [provisioning-dev] equinox.prov path is too long

moving this to the equinox list...

We generally use the names/paths that are in the original. Some of these are very long because of generated feature version qualifiers. The deletion issue is actually a Windows Explorer issue. You should be able to delete it using teh Command Prompt.

Jeff

James D Miles <jdmiles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: provisioning-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/28/2007 06:06 PM

Please respond to
"Developer discussions for provisioning \(Update Manager\) initiatives" <provisioning-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
provisioning-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[provisioning-dev] equinox.prov path is too long

I tried to remove the directory tree in \tmp\equinox.prov and discovered that it is not easy to do. Its path length is greater than 255 characters. Is this a mistake or are we supporting this large path length?