Re: AW: [equinox-dev] Finding a running instance

Hi Alexander,
I'm trying to access the wiki but it requires me to log in. I'm probably missing something very apparent but no matter how hard I look, I don't seem to find any way to register an account.

Are you providing implementations of the ECF remote services? Or is this something completely different?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Ziegler, Alexander wrote:
Hi Thomas,

There is a upcoming open source project Nyota. Nyota focuses a solution for "remote" OSGi Services. A mechanism for service discovery is also planned. We develop Nyota for communication within a distributed RCP application. We call this approach Smart Client - includes also "smart" servers. Nyota is available as EPL 1.0.

I am not sure what your requirement are exactly. For me that sounds liked automatic detecting and discovery like p2p. Is it so?

Currently we are working to release the first public preview of Nyota 0.4.0. Please, look forward to next Thursday to 2007/05/07 (CET) then the open source website for Nyota becomes published. Really it is a first preview :-).

May be Nyota could helpful for your requirements or could be a basis. Everybody can try out. Feedback to Nyota team are wellcome.
http://eclipse.compeople.eu/wiki/index.php/Nyota:Main

Alexander