Re: [equinox-dev] Finding a running instance

There is not support for that in equinox, though there is an enhancement
request toward that (I can't seem to find the bug #) and there is also a
SOC project trying to do a similar thing
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Web_Interface).
It is an area where we would be happily reviewing contributions.

HTH

PaScaL

             Thomas Hallgren
             <thomas@xxxxxxx>
             equinox-dev-bounc         Equinox development mailing list
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             06/28/2007 03:53                                      Subject
             PM                        [equinox-dev] Finding a running
                                       instance

             Please respond to
                  Equinox
                development
               mailing list
             <equinox-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Hi,
we have a use-case where one app based on the Eclipse runtime would like
to discover other running applications, also based on the Eclipse
runtime, on the same machine. Does the Equinox OSGi layer contain some
kind of discovery mechanism that would make this possible? If not, does
anyone know of other projects that might have a solution or work in
progress to solve this?

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren