Re: [equinox-dev] New Update Manager UI : Your thoughts

On 13/06/07, Prashant Deva <prashant.deva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, here is some thoughts on the gui for installing a new plugin. This is in
keeping with the philosophy of keeping the simple things simple.
I wish there were a place where I could upload some docs and sample images
to make the point more clear, but i will just type some stuff for now.

User clicks on 'Install new plugin' button
Dialog box with single text field asks to enter the url of pluign update
site.

A really cool feature of RSSOwl (and other Mac applications) is that
if the OS's copy buffer already contains a URL, then that is
pre-filled in said text field. That way, when you've copied a URL from
a remote page to type it in, it's already in the field when you need
it.

Alex.

Back to the top