[equinox-dev] Credential management for Eclipse...

Greeting all,

I just posted a draft requirements and high-level discussion document regarding one of the first steps needed towards enabling security in Eclipse - management of user credentials (i.e.: private keys for signing and public certificates for trust decisions). See:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Security:_KeyStore_support_for_Eclipse

The proposal is that we stick to standard Java API's where possible (like KeyStore, CertStore, etc). From a user interaction standpoint, I would especially like to rationalize this work with General->Network Connections in the platform preferences, and particularly with the SSH2 section on Key Management.

 Please have  a look and post comments criticisms, etc.

Thanks,
-matt

Matt Flaherty
Project Lead/Architect