[equinox-dev] Re: System and context class loaders

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> However, if I set the osgi.parentClassloader property to anything
> other than "boot" (or empty) or "ext", my
> hookconfigurators.properties files are no longer read in my
> framework extension bundles, or perhaps those files are read but the
> bundles themselves don't wind up on the class path.

I confirmed that the hookconfigurators.properties files are not
discovered in HookRegistry.mergeFileHookConfigurators(). The class
loader used there (via getClass().getClassLoader()) is the Equinox
startup class loader (with my hook configurator JARs on its path) if
osgi.parentClassloader is empty or "boot", but it's a different class,
but it's a different class loader if osgi.parentClassloader is "app"
or "current".

Is this because the HookRegistry class can be loaded by the startup
class loader's parent, if the parent is non-null?

--
Steven E. Harris

Back to the top