Re: [equinox-dev] Multiple users and the Equinox console

On 5/23/07, Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or you can implement a web ui using one of the HTTP services available in Equinox.

> The simple answer is that this just was not a requirement.

The nice thing about the built-in console is just that -- it's built into the framework bundle and always there.  A web UI or JMX server can be mistakingly stopped, and then there's no longer any way to control the system.

We do have extensive web UI's in our system that allow us to control all sorts of things, but the console is nice to be able to fall back on.

> Contributions are welcome :-)

I may take you up on that. =)

> Jeff

-Jeremy