[equinox-dev] Multiple users and the Equinox console

Hi all,

Is there any fundamental reason that the (remote) Equinox console only
supports one simultaneous user, or was multi-user support just out of
scope at implementation time?  My first thought was that it had to do
with synchronization issues (e.g., only one person should be
removing/installing bundles at a time). However, two bundles should be
able to perform the same framework operations simultaneously.

We're using Equinox at the core of a long-running server app, and we
frequently use the console for some development and administrative
commands. We often run into the single user constraint when someone
forgets to log out, and it'd be nice if the console supported
simultaneous users.

- Jeremy

Back to the top