Re: [equinox-dev] bundle builds using Maven

My plexus-jdt-compiler is a replacement for the existing
plexus-compiler-eclipse. It also implements the plexus compiler
interface, but uses a different API (
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/jdt-core-home/howto/batch%20compile/batchCompile.html?view=co
) I needed to change this in order to use the access rules that the
JDT compiler uses to check require-bundle / import-package directives.

My version of make-artifact first resolves all the artifacts being
deployed, and generates Maven dependencies based on this. This way
import-package dependencies are also taken into account.

The difference with the felix plugin is fundamental: The felix plugin
generates a manifest based on the POM and the compiled source. My
plugins uses POM and manifest to generate a classpath and uses that to
generate the source. I believe my way makes it easier to work with
PDE...

(all the different plugins are part of one solution, implementing the
different lifecycle phases of the osgi-bundle packaging).

Tom