Re: [equinox-dev] bundle builds using Maven

On 15/05/07, Aaron Siri <Aaron.Siri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

My organization has been attempting to use the Maven build process as
described in the "Building Eclipse Plugins with Maven 2" by the Princeton
Softech guys to build a set of Equinox/OSGi bundles (not Eclipse plugins.)
I've successfully gotten a single bundle to build but am having problems
with cross-bundle dependencies.  I have an aggregator/super-pom that
contains two modules – A and B.  B, as defined in the manifest, depends on
A.  A builds fine, but when B attempts to build it can't find A to build
against.  Is this situation supposed to work?

I can't quote on this implementation, but when I put it together I did
a build and then install into the local repository, so that it was
available for building other dependencies. But that was Maven1.

A related question I have is what is the common method of building equinox
bundles?  Do most people just use the PDE tools included in Eclipse?

Everyone in Eclipse uses the PDE build. It's pretty horrible in Maven,
and there's some clunky things in PDE that break Maven's assumptions
(like, being able to place resources anywhere, and/or when you run a
bundle the bundle's resources are always mounted at the root). You're
probably better off not using Maven and working around with the PDE
build.

Alex.

Back to the top