Re: [equinox-dev] Re: Splash screen customization with Swing

There is no reason why you couldn't do that without the workbench.  You just wouldn't be using the AbstractSplashHandler.

Assuming you already have a bundle activated that does your existing splash screen, you can just put the swt-awt stuff there.

There is an interface org.eclipse.osgi.service.runnable.StartupMonitor that you could implement and register a service with.    This will get you time on the main thread during startup if you need it.

-Andrew

Kimberly Horne <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/10/2007 02:45 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Re: Splash screen customization with Swing

OOoh, I may have spoken too soon.  The solution I presented is built
on top of the RCP workbench, not Equinox directly.   My apologies.