Re: [equinox-dev] J2SE in OSGi

What version of Equinox are you using?  What version/vendor of the VM are you using?  Equinox should detect the J2SE version you are using and the system.bundle should export the proper set of packages available from the execution environment.  The error message "the packages could not be found in the framework" does not look familiar for Equinox.

If a package import constraint can not be satisified the bundle should install successfully but it will not be able to enter the RESOLVED state.  This will prevent it from starting.  You should be getting a BundleException when attempting to start the bundle.  The error message should look something like this ...

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: javax.xml.parsers; version="0.0.0"

Is this what you are seeing?

Tom

Christian Voigtmann <voigtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/03/2007 08:06 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] J2SE in OSGi

Thx for answering,

yes i did import the javax.xml.parses package in the imported packages
sections of the manifest file.
At the moment I try to install the bundle which is using the package,
the OSGi framework says
"the packages could not be found in the framework" its the same for
javax.swing !
Do i have to import these packages first ? And if yes, how ?

Christian