From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremy Volkman
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 3:11 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Issue with declarative services
implementation?

Chris,

I believe you ran into DS' lazy loading of implementation classes.
Since your component configurations checked out, DS went ahead and
registered a ServiceFactory proxy in place of your
com.cra.shared.instantiator.Instantiator.  At this point, the service
was actually provided.  Once the com.cra.shared.container.Container
came along and actually requested the service object, DS's
ServiceFactory proxy attempted to instantiate the service object and
it bombed.  This would not have happened if you had declared the
Instantiator as an immediate component.  The lazy instantiation of
component objects is outlined in the DS spec.

Hope that helps,
Jeremy