Re: [equinox-dev] new services

I'm not stuck on the name.  alternatives would be greatly appreciated.  Note that there are others like .ds, .scr, .. that are not immediately obvious.  That is the nature of acronyms.  We can go for full descriptive names.  I tend to shy away from partial shortenings if possible.  decserv just grates.  initprov is not so bad I guess.  But one has to wonder what we are saving over full names.

Anyway, like I said, I'm open to suggestions.  Remember that in general we have a policy of coordinating the bundle name and the "dominant package" name.  That is, whatever bundle name we choose will likely be reflected in various ways in the package names.

Jeff

Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/20/2007 09:52 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] new services

On Friday 20 April 2007 04:54, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> The point is, clear to you is not clear to me :-) I would have guessed
> internet protocol, followed by intellectual property. I wouldn't ever
> make the leap to provisioning, or whatever it is that it stands for.

+1

Cheers
Niclas