Re: [equinox-dev] provisioning incubator work

To run, you can refer to the "how to run.txt" file contained the releng project previously mentioned here.
You basically have to steps: 1) metadata generation (equivalent of creating an update site),  2) installation.

Since your interest is probably to see how well we transport bytes :-) you can take a look at the DownloadManager class (silly implementation but I hope to be able to steal the super fancy implementation from Maya).
Note that I have plenty of questions for you wrt the approach we are taking, how much we could / should delegate to ECF, etc....

Thx for checking things out,

PaScaL

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/23/2007 10:59 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] provisioning incubator work

I'm taking a look at the provisioning work in the incubator to see how I
could contribute and so downloaded all the plugins in
equinox-incubator/provisioning dir.

I also got the frameworkadmin, frameworkadmin.equinox,
frameworkadmin.examples, but for a reason I can't fathom I'm still
getting compile errors in:

touchpoint.eclipse
touchpoint.natives

Don't know if this is expected or not..  Also these touchpoing plugins
are apparently looking for org.mozilla._javascript_.* classes and I don't
know where to get that plugin.

Also...how do I try running something/test to show the new provisioning
stuff at work?

BTW I've found the use of ECF filetransfer API in artifact.repository
plugin...nice for me to see!

Thanks.

Scott