[equinox-dev] Quickly setup OSGi projects using Maven

Hi folks,

As a follow on to my refactoring experiment, I've just committed some
prototype maven archetypes & plugins I developed to help people get
started with simple OSGi projects (such as demos / tutorials).

If you're interested, you can use the following commands to try out the
example on Linux/Unix - Windows users will need to rework the script.

  cd /tmp
  mkdir TEST
  cd TEST

  svn co https://scm.ops4j.org/repos/ops4j/laboratory/users/stuart/tools

  cd tools
  mvn install

  cd ../..
  mkdir PROJECT
  cd PROJECT

  #  note: must use absolute path to run this script
  #  as it uses it to find the settings.xml fragment
  sh /tmp/TEST/tools/example/SIMPLE_OSGI_PROJECT.sh

( It uses a maven plugin to hide away all the standard archetype cruft. )

This should install the archetypes and use them to construct a simple
skeleton OSGi web-app project, which includes a jarfile wrapped as a
bundle, a number of released bundles, and a locally compiled bundle.

The generated project will build without any modification, and can be
imported and run inside Eclipse/Equinox - however, it won't do much,
as it's just a skeleton project.

The example script will also create a provisioning pom for Pax-Runner
and automatically deploy it on the Equinox framework (which will also
be downloaded if necessary).

If anyone has problems compiling/running the example, please send
me the error output (use -X flag if error appeared when running mvn).

Cheers, Stuart