[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] Provisioning work area
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:11:12 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20061207)
The Buckminster team would like to be in on this too and we might have
some resources to spare. While it's true that we are mostly about
provisioning other things then the Eclipse runtime (we tend to leave
that part to the update-manager :-) ), there are still many aspects of
the development life-cycle where we find overlaps. We'd like to help
with these things:
1. Establishing the full circle where an update manager can use a
workspace as it's source. Like self hosting almost but with an
update-site sitting in between.
2. Tasks (headless and embedded into the platform) that makes it very
easy for anyone to create an update site.
3. "Dynamic" update managers that are able to bring things in from
disparate sources (a serious face-lift of the current <archive> mechanism).
4. Defining the model(s) used for the process.
Ken Gilmer wrote:
Like Alex, I too have been saddened at times with Update Manager. My
company has interest in this (specifically headless and resource
constrained OSGi environments) project, and may be able to contribute
time/resources. I'm currently a committer on the ECF project with Scott.
equinox-dev mailing list